Commercial GL & Property Claims and Insurance Administrator sought by Pacifica Companies LLC. a privately held San Diego real estate company with land and operations across multiple asset classes nationwide. The Administrator will work with brokers and adjusters as well as in-house property managers and attorneys to effectively process claims. This will include communicating with all parties to research incidents, promptly report claims and support adjustment. The position will participate in resolution, including negotiations; and compile commonalities to identify risk patterns. He or she also will keep insurance schedules, assist in coverage placement, premium payment, contract compliance and identification of new risks. Collateral to all endeavors, the Administrator will mentor field staff in insurance processes, standards and obligations.
• Monitor progress of carriers’ claim administration. Secure information from Pacifica Companies business units to assist in reporting and concluding claims with insurers as quickly as possible.
• Maintain schedules for all policies, their coverage scope and periods, deductibles and properties.
• Coordinate with project and property managers to collect data necessary for insurance placement and renewal.
• Assist in the negotiation of initial placement and insurance renewals by collecting bids and preparing comparisons.
• Ensure prompt participation in insurance audits, collect information from multiple sources and analyze prior to submission.
• Assist in special projects as needed.
Contacts and Liaisons: This position comes in contact with operations staff and management at all levels, corporate counsel, outside counsel, and insurance carriers. Diplomacy, tact, and a helpful, positive, professional presentation and attitude are required.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from a four-year college or university desirable.
• Minimum Three (3) years related claims or insurance/brokerage experience.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through on multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
• Solid understanding of insurance, claims and risk management principles.
• Working knowledge of office enterprise software with ability to create reports.
• Team oriented.
• Minimal travel.
• All candidates are required to be authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with Mid-level Position.
The above statements are intended to be generally descriptive but not exhaustive of all functions. The omission of a specific duty does not exclude it from the position if work is similar, related or logically assigned. Moreover, the description is subject to change as the needs of the employer or position change. The employer is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will comply with the ADA to make reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals. Qualified individuals are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.